Thursday, December 1, 2011

Once There Was a Snowman

The countdown is on!  I can hardly believe it's December, but we are ready for it around here.  The decorations are up, the tree will be here this weekend, and we started our advent calendar activities today.  

Our first activity was making snowmen.  We hauled out all my (sadly unused) scrapbook supplies, and the kids had at it.

I did not try to explain to Leah that pink isn't really a Christmas color
almost as soon as we got her snowman glued down, she ripped him up and was done.



I loved seeing how each of the boys designed their snowman

 Mine
 Jake's
Austin's
Epiphany of the day - crafts are not for 2 year olds.  While I don't want to exclude Leah from our advent activities, unfortunately I think there are going to be some best saved for after her bed time or during nap time.  Somehow, it's a complete killjoy when your child throws her craft at you and has to be sent to her room in a screaming temper tantrum.

No comments: