Wednesday, June 17, 2009

From my childhood to theirs...


The Fort


When I was young, my siblings and I would make great forts in the living room with the dining room table, chairs, blankets and sheets. They would be our secret hideouts, with nooks and tunnels and we loved them. Sometimes we even built them outside with the picnic table and old quilts and slept outside. One rainy day this winter, I introduced this past time to my boys. Their first attempts were simple, with two chairs and a throw blanket over the top, and they thought this was great fun. So last weekend they wanted to build them again, and this time Brian got involved. He took their two chairs, stretched a fitted sheet from the chair backs around the back corners of the love seat, and then covered the openings with blankets. The boys loved it so much they slept in it all weekend long!





Best slumber party yet...

Yes, Austin is in his underwear, as usual....

Who needs a Wii or X-Box when you have furniture and linens???

1 comment:

Hey Ho it's Ashleigh Noel said...

amen!!
So fun! Oh how I miss you guys. we should get together soon.

How bout we start are own book club!!?