Friday, September 26, 2008

Crazy.....

Austin! This afternoon, my husband called me to the bathroom to bring him a towel. Jake called out that he would do it, but Brian told him I needed to. Thinking Brian was trying to preserve some modesty, I grabbed a towel from the laundry room and headed in. No, he wanted me to see this! Austin, perched on the bathroom counter, rubbing toothpaste on his Spiderman toothbrush and brushing his teeth twice, before re-loading and starting all over again. As you can see, he was very proud of himself! Apparently he had climbed up there on his own while Brian was in the shower. Let's hear it for good dental hygiene...

Austin is the craziest kid. For the first 9 months of his life, I would tell people he was going to be my thinker, because he was SO mellow. He would just lie there and smile at you, with no real desire to crawl, walk, etc... How foolish was I! He has turned into the biggest ham, with the hugest personality. He is in this new phase where he pulls the strangest faces - kind of reminds me of my brother, who Mom used to call Rubber Face because of the expressions he would come up with. He is stubborn and just sure that if he doesn't want to do something, you can't make him. But he has the brightest smile. He was being so naughty the other night - 9:30 pm and still not in bed. We would put him down and out he came. Brian got really firm with him and told him to go to his room and get in bed or he was getting a spanking, and he just put on this 1000 watt smile, climbed up on his dad and said "Love you Dad, I sit with you"... what a little manipulator! The hardest part is, when he smiles at you like that, it's sooooo hard to stay mad at him. Mom, I finally understand what you went through with Greg!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Go Austin! Maybe he'll save you some dental bills down the road...

heather said...

Cute cute kiddos!