Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fall means...



Beginnings. And changes. To me Fall has always been more of a beginning than January, mostly because of all those years of school. This year was no exception, because Jacob started Kindergarten on the 9th. What an experience. He was definitely far more ready than I. On the first day I took the morning off and took him to school and picked him up. He was so excited! But, he informed that I did not need to take him inside in the morning, and that "Schools need humans to do things on their own". So on day 2, I dropped him at the curb and let him walk in the building all by himself. I should say strut, because it was far more than a walk. I have never seen a little boy so proud and excited to do something on his own! He rides the bus home from school, and that may be his favorite part of the day. I can't believe my little baby is growing up!


And speaking of babies growing, Austin is 2 going on 10. He is pretty much ready to give up naps, because anymore, when he takes one, he is up til 10:00 at night! He also has decided that he is not interested in sleeping in his bed anymore. At first he would migrate from his bed to the floor sometime after I put him down, but now that's where he starts the night out. He has placed his pillow and blanket on the floor between the foot of his bed and Jacob's, and that is where he lays down at night after he has said his prayers. Crazy kid! And call me a too relaxed mother, but if he sleeps through the night and stays out of my bed, I don't care if he sleeps in the bathtub!

2 comments:

Jen said...

That's cute...he must want to be closer to big brother? Like the new layout and it's nice to see your quarterly post. :)

The Claysons said...

Hello Miss Marcie! How are you? Wow...life changes, married and 2 boys! Congratulations on your little family . We too, are expecting in the Spring, March 14th. Glad you found me! Hope all is well.