Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's been a year...

since I started blogging and I am not exactly closing the year out with a bang. My sister jokingly calls my blogs my "quarterly posts" because I get to them so seldom, and this one seems to be no exception. I have actually jotted down a few ideas thinking they would be so cute to blog about but I never seem to get a chance to sit down and do it. But this is one that I thought was too cute to pass up:

I was having a conversation with Jacob about driving, mostly clearing up the fact that, no, he doesn't get to drive at 8 when he gets baptized. He then asked me how old you had to be, and the following conversation ensued...

Me: You have to be 16, like Maygen is.

Jake: Do I have to do girl stuff like Maygen does?

Me: What do you mean?

Jake: You know, go in your room, try on shoes, change your clothes, go to dance class, live at Aunt Jens forever. Girl stuff! 'Cause I don't want to do that...



Today I made the boys sit in the car while I ran into Clear Signal to pick up my weekly paperwork, and when I came out, Jacob had a trouble making grin on his face.

Me: What are you two doing?

Jake: Just talking...

Me: What about?

Jake: You know, boy stuff. Big boy and little boy stuff...

I have officially decided that I had children for entertainment purposes!

3 comments:

Chelsea Rivas said...

HAHAHA! Oh my gosh they are hilarious! Kids say the funniest things and I LOVE IT!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Who's he trying to kid?? He loves the "girl stuff" when he's at my house!! :)