Saturday, December 1, 2007

In the beginning.....

So here we go... I have started a blog, inspired by my sister (who I have learned from reading her blog, is an amazing writer!) I have been wanting to get on the bandwagon since seeing Jennifer's, but only tonight have I found a free moment to spend at the computer - no husband, no kids! Between working full time and raising 3 kids, moments like these are almost as precious as my morning Diet Coke! Brian and the little boys are off taking Brandon to McKay High's Snowball Dance (do you know how expensive a tuxe rental is?!?!), and I am enjoying the absolute silence of my home.

Today we hung Christmas lights all around the outside of the house. This holiday season has been in high gear since we started decorating for Halloween. Brian and I are so excited to finally be in a house for the holidays that we have gone a little out of control. Couple that with Jacob being old enough to really get into the spirit, and our house looks a little like Christmas threw up on it. But I love it and have loved decorating for each holiday with the boys.

Last night was our church Christmas party, a little early but a great way to kick off the Christmas season. Jacob was in full regalia as a shepherd, courtesy of Mom's old bed sheet. All the little kids sang Away in a Manger, and had been asked to dress up as a shepherd, wise man, angel or animal. When I asked Jacob what he wanted to go as, his immediate response was "a lobster". Try explaining to a four year old that lobsters probably weren't part of the first Christmas... but as my mother said, he looked fabulous as a shepherd, "watching over his flock of lobsters by night..."!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Woo hoo!! Well done fellow blogger. I'll be excited to read more!