Friday, July 20, 2012

Medford Vacation

Following our 4th of July celebrations, the kids and I headed to Medford for a mini vacation with Grandma and Grandpa. The weather was hot and sunny, and Grandma had a full weekend of activities planned for us.


The kids climbing in the tree I spent hours in as a child



Outside the Scienceworks Musuem, like a mini-OMSI
In the bubble room, by far everyone's favorite room in the place
Petunia, surrounded by a wall of bubbles

The following 5 pictures are what it took to get Grandpa and the kids all settled for a serious picture:



But the result was definitely worth the wait.  I.LOVE.THIS.PIC.
Repeat the process that evening while leaving dinner:


Yes, that is actually me in a photo.  My 8 year old has decided he is more than happy to shoot pictures so we may see more of these in the future...
They slept like this every night- socked out dead to the world.
There were crafts with Grandma
Chinese Checkers with Grandpa
and the kids got some serious crafting in at The Children's Festival, another walk down memory lane for me. It was EXACTLY the same as I remembered it
right down to the garbage eating dragon that thanks you for feeding it.

It was a fabulous weekend, and I love seeing my kids spend time with my parents, enjoying many of the things I did growing up.  So much of what I am trying to give me kiddos in their childhood stems from the memories I have of my own, and it's funny to hear my kids say, "Oh, now I see why you do that/say that/like that".  Thank you G'ma and G'pa for an amazing weekend!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Great pictures!

Valerie said...

It was so cool to hear that children's festival hasn't changed! My kids are dying to go now.