Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday

This post should really be titled, "The One Where My Children Prove They Cannot All 3 Look At The Camera At The Same Time".  

That seems a little long, though...

We kicked off our day today with a visit to my old stomping grounds for the 10 year anniversary of Oregon City Home Depot's grand opening.  It was a carnival of sorts, and we got to see some old friends.  Austin and Leah loved getting their faces painted, but Jake of course was too cool for such things.

      Spiderman
     Dragon

Jacob's favorite part of the morning was the collection of military vehicles, gathered in honor of Memorial Day.  While he enjoyed looking at them and reading about them, he was sorely disappointed that he did not get to sit in one.

The kids also got to sit on a fire truck, and got the obligatory deputy badge stickers and plastic fireman hats.  The hats were great until Jake decided (once again) that he was too cool for it, and Leah snapped the elastic on her neck.  Good times.  


 (Notice how they still won't all get in line for a good picture.)  After munching on some free hot dogs and cookies, we said our goodbyes and headed out.  Next stop, Aunt Kiki's for a good face scrubbing for Leah (who had cried off half her face paint after the elastic incident) and then off for lunch at Chevy's.   Can I just say, way too long since I've been there, and can I please have the recipe for their corn tomatillo stuff.  Mmm, mmm, good.  


Last stop, a visit to Deseret Book.  I got my new set of scriptures, and my kids did what they love best to do there, camp out in the children's book section.    I have to admit, there are worse things to have your kids beg you for than church books and Stripling Warrior action figures.  Pretty cool stuff.


No comments: