Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day
















These 3 amazing babies fill my heart with so much love, and on a day like today, it overflowed. 
  
The boys started my day with a sweet wake up to breakfast in bed, consisting of a Nutella sandwich, orange juice and a banana.  At 6:30.  They were kind enough to give a short nap until 7:15, when they couldn't contain their excitement any longer and had to wake me up again to open their gifts.  I knew they had something special in store, because I had been banned from their backpacks for the last several days.

From Austin:
My boy drew this for me, then found a frame on his own and put it together before presenting it me.  His comment, "Mom I'm sorry I drew you fat, 'cuz you're not."



"Dear Mom, you're the best mom ever from Austin"



"My mom likes: yellow flowers
My mom doesn't like: dandelions
My mom is special because: she loves me"














From Jake:


"Awarded to my mom for loving her children, being a great mom, cooking for her children, having children, and marrying a great man.  Love, Jake."










Mom of mine
Awesome at work
Rich with Love
Interactive
Cool mother
Expert at being a mom
(I love that he spelled my name Marice - I'm a space cowboy)


"Pick a flower and you'll see the job that you will pick for me"

Each flower had a task written on the stem - my favorite, the one that said "Stop Sass".















The quote bubble says, "I love you this much" 



















The heart pin was from Austin, the M pin from Jake.  Austin informed me the M could be for mom or Marcie.









Leah didn't have the opportunity like the boys to make crafts at school, but she spent the day loving and hugging me and declaring me the "best mom EVER!" over and over.  I could not ask for a sweeter gift.

The kids sang in church today for Mother's Day, and I couldn't hold back the tears as I watched my Champ, grinning proudly from the stand, his eyes never leaving mine as he sang their Mother's Day medley.  That boy loves so much.  

The rest of my Mother's Day was spent doing what I love best - watching my babies play.  We turned them loose on the hose to combat the heat.





I teared up more than once today.  The joy I have in my God given opportunity to raise these amazing spirits is more than I can hold in some days.  They challenge me, inspire me, try my patience, and teach me every single day and I marvel at how special and unique they all 3 are, and how perfectly they are meant for me.  There can be no denying the magnificence of The Creator's plan, when you look at spirits like these, and the wonder it is to be able to mother them.  

No comments: