Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Family Pumpkin Patch Trip and Pumpkin Painting (and my 100th post!!)

Being on crutches through the middle of October put us a little behind on our Halloween activities.  We didn't actually get out to the pumpkin patch as a family until the 29th!  Regardless, the kids had a blast.  

 she doesn't look it, but Petunia was quite excited - all week she kept saying, "first the pumpkin patch then trick or treat!"



 Angry bull faces


 this picture is funny because at the time I took it, Austin was declaring his ability to talk to pigs and was snorting at them
 dancing on top of hay bales to fiddle music
 corn maze wanderer

 this one is for my dad


 just sure she needed her own wheelbarrow

 the Mendoza's came along for the activities



 Because of our late outing, we didn't get pumpkins until they were well picked over.  The ones we chose were small, but perfect for the kids to tote their own.  I had been thinking about painting instead of carving this year, one because my kids love to paint, and two, because I loathe carving.  I also was a little leery of what we might find carving into pumpkins not picked until the end of the month, so painting it was.



 Austin did this bat free hand!
 finished product
my "art deco" pumpkins.  they actually looked really cool and I am going to do several next year in varying fall colors.  Austin didn't understand "art deco" and wanted to know what they were supposed to be.  I told him the gray one was a ghost pumpkin, and he was satisfied.

No comments: