Thursday, October 6, 2011

Jog-a-thon

The boys had their jog-a-thon today.  I took the day off work so Brian could go and watch, sans the Diva.  She and I stayed home and had some quality girl time, and Dad headed to the school with the boys and the camera.  The following pictures are a tiny bit blurry, but I think you will get the essence of the day.  

When Brian came home from the jog-a-thon, he told me "I can't believe how lazy our son is" and I immediately assumed he was talking about Austin.  But no..... apparently this time, it was Jacob, who after one lap of running spent the remainder of his 30 minutes walking and chatting with friends (he later claimed a side ache).  Austin, however, once again lived up to his name - Champ!  He did 5 laps in only 8 minutes and didn't stop running once, even though towards the end he was huffing and puffing and sporting the Knips family beet red face.  







It never ceases to amaze me the ease with which kids do things.  For an adult to run, there has to be the right shoes, special running clothes, maybe an iPod or a treadmill.  For kids, they just need an open space.  I told the boys this morning as they were getting ready to wear pants they could run in - they both looked at me a little strangely and informed me they ran in jeans all the time and they would be just fine.  

No comments: