Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Face Painting

One of the items of high priority on our Summer List was face painting.  Jacob came home from Field Day at school with a fabulous snake painted around his face, and it has been all Austin has talked about ever since.  So, when we were compiling our lists of must-do's for the summer, this was one of Austin's.  
I am not an artist by any stretch of the imagination, but this was something I really wanted to do with my kids.  When we sat down to do it this morning, they started out with requests of dragons breathing fire wrapped around their faces.  Fortunately for me, my children are very understanding of my limited artistic abilities, and were perfectly happy with my elementary school renderings of  these: 


 a volcano with hot lava spewing up over his forehead
 a spider with red fangs
 a tree (I told you, I'm limited)
 a flower
 and a heart, unfortunately after she smeared half of it.
Austin had to have a snake, too.

For Jacob's second cheek, he REALLY wanted a T-Rex.  
Definitely out of my league, so we called in the big guns:  

  Brian is a a far more talented artist, and even with our $4.99 set of paints and poor quality brush, he painted Jacob a great T-Rex!

1 comment:

Mom said...

What fun for all of you!