Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Camping

I don't do spur-of-the-moment well.

I am a planner, and a bit of a control freak, and just flying by the seat of my pants makes me a little squeamish.  So, when my hubs called from work a few Saturdays ago and said "Hey lets go camping tonight!" (meaning in about 4 hours) I started throwing out every road block I could come up with. Finally I relented, because dang it we haven't been camping in forever and he just wanted to go so bad.

It was worth it:




The property belongs to a friend of Brian's from work, and sits just outside of Philomath.  It's a huge open area, with a creek about 30 yards from our tent, plenty of tables, a rope swing, volleyball net and horseshoe pits.  It was quiet and secluded, and we spent 24 hours feeling like we were almost the only people on the earth.


 The creek was great for wading, and was the perfect hunting ground for boys looking for crawdads.




We forgot the air pump at home, and my sweet hubby sat and blew up our queen size air mattress, one puff at a time.
 The weather was so gorgeous, we left the rainfly off the tent and slept under the stars.







1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow, that looks like a great spot! Does your friend rent it out?