Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend

We started off our Easter weekend with an egg hunt with friends.


 This sweet boy was allowed to help hide eggs, and then decided not to "hunt" for any and left them all for the little kids.  He's hitting an age where more and more often he is less in sync with the younger kids' activities, and it makes me so proud that he chooses to act this way rather than pout and sulk.
 Family warm weather favorite - Slurpee's.  After cooling off with a few of these, we spent the rest of the gorgeous day playing and riding bikes.


 I'm going to be honest, while I love Easter, there are a lot of things about it that I do not like.  Such as plastic grass.  And eggs.  Every year I have to Google how to hard boil eggs, because I only do it at Easter.  Not many people in our house eat hard boiled eggs, so we only colored 10.
True story.
 The Bunny scaled way back on baskets this year, and no one seemed to mind.  The kids each got a bible coloring book, a reading book and a bubble wand, and that was it.  
New Easter Sunday church clothes....  
someone please tell this young man to STOP. GROWING.UP.


 Love these 3.
 After lunch we headed down to Wallace Marine Park for what Brian and I thought would be a nice family stroll down their walking paths.  Of course the first path we took ran alongside this great climbing tree and dead ended at the water....  
We were foolish to think anyone would stay dry.








 Humorous that she was worried about keeping her skirt out of the water, but waded in still wearing her tights.

 Eventually the tights came off and she lost any concern for staying dry, informing us, "I'm wet now, I guess I need to get nekkid...."


 My family
 Sister is lurking in there somewhere...
A rare self portrait...

No comments: