Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Patch, Playdate and Carving

We went back to EZ Orchards this year for our pumpkin patching.  I asked the kids if they wanted to try someplace new and it was unanimous to go back to what is becoming our traditional destination for fall festivities   They're the place with the amazing donuts (apple cider and pumpkin this time) so I don't mind.
 The crazy balloon clown lady was probably the kids favorite part (although I think A's squid and J's tarantula look an awful lot alike...  Leah's poodle, however, was pretty awesome).



 one of my new favorite pictures


 Leah had just found out the hard way that rocks and balloon poodles don't play nicely together.  The back end of her doggy is slowly wilting.


 Saturday night we had some friends over, and they joined us in our latest pumpkin craft.  The girls decided the pumpkin ornaments worked well as masks too.





 Sunday was the annual Primary Program.  My boys were so handsome and they both rocked their parts.  Their dad and I couldn't have been prouder.

 Sunday afternoon brought pumpkin carving.  I was outvoted this year on painting again.  They all laughed at me when I put on plastic gloves to gut my pumpkin, but at least I was doing it...

 I also sifted through this mess to clean seeds for toasting.
 This face (and the 2 others that go with him) are the only reason I carve pumpkins.  
They're worth it.
 Jake did his entire pumpkin by himself.
 As usual, Dad was the last one at the carving table.
 Austin's Bat in the Moon
 Jake's Fright Face
 My cheerful jack-o-lantern 
(which I shared with Leah after she rolled hers off the table and busted it open)