Monday, February 6, 2012

Sun

It's been a gorgeous couple of days around here.
Days full of climbing trees,
 riding bikes,
 and digging for buried treasure.
It's been warm enough to kick off your shoes,
 and run around in shirt-sleeves...
which can wear a sister out!

The trees still look like this,
 and the flower beds like this,
 but underneath all that lie these, 

 just waiting to bloom.

It's a gentle reminder that spring is not that far away, and I for one can't wait.  We've spent the better part of the last week playing outside and going for walks, remembering what it's like not to stare at the same four walls and rain, rain, rain.  I've also been remembering all over again how much I love our house and neighborhood, and even though there are plenty of these to dig up:
I'm so excited to get out in the yard and spruce things up.  
I love to watch my kids play hard in the sunshine, and I love nearly as much the coma-like sleep they fall into when their heads hit the pillows after a good day of fresh air fun.

No comments: