Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Birthday

8 years ago this handsome young man was born and made me a mother for the first time.

 We took this picture right before Jacob headed off for his worthiness interview with the bishop, in preparation for his baptism.  Even though I live with him every day, and I took the picture, when I loaded it onto the computer and looked at it, it took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes.  He is becoming such a man!  The happiness and confidence that show in this picture, he carries every day.  There is an old soul that dwells in his body unlike any child his age I have known.  He has an amazing love for his family, a joyful heart and a pure testimony of the gospel, a strong work ethic, a great sense of humor, a sharp mind and loves to have fun. 

For his birthday this year, Jake chose laser tag with his dad at "Pirate Pizza", otherwise known as Pietro's.  It is my understanding that they had a fabulous time, however since I was not there, there of course are no pictures.  While the big boys were out on their man-date, the Littles and I stayed home and readied the party preparations. 
 Betty Crocker and Duncan Heinz - my cake makers.  I let them lick the beaters.  Leah thought it was a repeat process.
 Jacob and the birthday cup - I'm amazed at how popular this idea has become in our house!
 This is the year Jacob became self conscious about picture taking (notice the pseudo smile in this one), stopped holding my hand in public, and decided he didn't want a "character" backpack for the new school year - "they're kind of baby-ish".
 As usual around here, Jacob's birthday will span the better part of the week.  Saturday he will be baptized and confirmed a member of the church, followed by a family day at the zoo, and topped off with a birthday/baptism party at Aunt Kiki's.  Whew!  I'm tired already...

Happy birthday my Jacob - I love you more than words can say.  You make me proud to be your mother every day!



No comments: