Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day

Here's to hoping that this weekend is indicative of what May will be like all month long.  I love this weather!  It is crazy, after what feels like 11 and 1/2 months of winter, the things that I forget I love about spring.

  • Color.  The color of trees, flowers, the grass, and any color other than gray in the sky.  Lush beautiful color!
  • Seeing my babies with sun kissed cheeks.  Even the healthiest of kids look a little bleh after rain, rain, rain for months.  Pink cheeks remind me of the fun we had getting them!
  • The smell of sun and sweat on a busy boy's head.  It's one of my favorite smells of spring.
  • Feeling a "good sore" from working and playing outside.  I would rather walk, hike, play, garden, etc. in the outdoors for my exercise than anything else.
  • Seeing flowers that remind me of Primary songs... "Little purple pansies touched with yellow gold, growing in one corner of my garden old..."
  • Being able to say "GO PLAY OUTSIDE!!!"

1 comment:

Jen said...

The last one is my favorite.