Thursday, February 12, 2009

It never ceases to amaze me...

the things that people will say to a pregnant woman! More so even than people who assume your belly is fair game for fondling. It's as if when you sprout a belly, you also grow a sign on your forehead that gives people carte blanch to say the most ridiculous things to you. Never mind that this is probably the least safe time to take verbal liberties with a woman packed with hormones and another human being... Here are some of my favorites from my pregnancies and my girlfriends pregnancies:
  • "That looks REALLY uncomfortable"
  • "You're really enjoying your food this pregnancy aren't you?"
  • "You have HOW much longer?"
  • "Thar she goes!" (like I am Moby Dick)
  • (At 11 weeks) "I knew you were pregnant because you were waddling"
  • "I can totally see your pregnancy in your face"
  • (After interrupting a meeting with my district manager) "It sure must be nice to have somewhere to rest your hands"
  • "Pregnancy just looks so unnatural!"
  • "My daughter wore her size 2 jeans until she was 8 months pregnant"

To all those people out there who are smart enough to say things like "you have a glow about you" or "there's no way you can be due that soon, you're so small".... God Bless You!

3 comments:

heather said...

Congrats Marcie!!!!!

The Claysons said...

Amen Marcie! As soon as that baby comes... we expect to see some pictures on the blog! :)

Jen said...

It's karma for all the things you guys called me when I was pregnant with Katie. I can't remember them all, but "beached whale" comes to mind. :)